Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Logistics

Many women take care of the logistics - the small things that help accomplish the big picture!  I help my kids pick their clothes for school and church.  I ask them what kind of meals do they want but also stating the fact of what we have and what we can not afford.   It is a mutual agreement, I don't want to dictate for them, I want to enable them what and how to choose.  I take them shopping and let them pick what to wear but with my approval!  I just don't let them choose just whatever.  

These small things will help them learn the difference between want and need.  They need to eat, but what they want might not be healthy for them therefore they also need healthy food.  They need shelter but only what we, parents or guardians, can afford.  Unfortunately for some, they can't afford housing at all.  We have come across some families who only have their vehicles as their shelters. Very disheartening and sad indeed.

If we look at our churches, many are feeding those who can't afford food to eat and also provide shelter for them.  Can we do more?  Yes, counseling is also needed for many and I'm sure you have a whole lot you can think of, to contribute to those in need.

Small things, like going to the dentist because a tooth is aching or teeth need cleaning.  Many still don't have health care, thanks to Covered California through Obamacare, that takes care of many including my family!  Some small yet huge systemic changes will help families survive through this tough economic times.

Women, we are helping this world big time by working the logistics to make this world move in dynamical ways!

No comments: